Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
BREEDERS AND EXHIBITORS
- Multi household – at least 4 dogs or cats
- OR Minimum 1 breeding bitch or 2 entire males – own registered KC affix or KC/IKC assured breeder documentation must be provided electronically
- OR Minimum 1 queen or 2 entire males – own registered prefix documentation must be provided electronically
- Local council regulations and licence requirements must be adhered to
- Breeders must not breed from a brood bitch or queen if the litter would be born before the brood bitch or queen is 12 months old, or after 8 years old
- New litters must be registered with ROYAL CANIN® within 4 weeks of birth
- Puppy and Kitten recommendation process and enrolment must be discussed with the new pet owners prior to sale
- ROYAL CANIN® Responsible Breeder Charter must be adhered to in order to qualify for the puppy and kitten recommendation scheme
- Recommendation cards will only be sent directly to members who have ordered Birth and Growth products from the PRO Club Range within the last 6 months and upon registration of a litter
BOARDING KENNELS AND CATTERIES
- Local council regulations and boarding kennel or cattery licence requirements must be adhered to
ROYAL CANIN® reserves the right to amend, decline, suspend or terminate membership at any time and without prior notice.
- Affix/Prefix Certificate or Accredited Breeder Licence copy must be provided electronically within 14 working days
- Boarding Kennel/Cattery Licence copy must be provided electronically within 14 working days
- Area Business Managers to validate enrolment criteria within 3 months of membership start date to ensure compliance with the Responsible Breeder Charter
- A 4kg minimum order quantity for Cat and 7.5kg minimum order quantity for Dog from the PRO Club Range to be purchased on sign up and 4 bags of PRO Club product to be purchased in a calendar year to maintain membership
- Membership number and purchases are for private use only and product must not be re-sold or given to any third party
- Address and contact details must be kept up to date
- Full PRO Club range and product information can be found by visiting the Pro Shop
Points to be redeemed with a paid order only. No more than 600 points to be redeemed at any one time on product and/or ROYAL CANIN® merchandise.
MERCHANDISE & CLOTHING ITEMS
ROYAL CANIN® accept no responsibility for any occurrence arising from the use or misuse of any merchandise item. Clothing items redeemed using the PRO Club Points Scheme that are faulty have a 90 days return guarantee. Items found to have been misused or deliberately damaged will not be replaced. ROYAL CANIN® merchandise and clothing items are subject to change without notice.
ROYAL CANIN® reserves the right to change its terms and conditions at its discretion and without prior notice.
ROYAL CANIN® RESPONSIBLE BREEDER CHARTER
At ROYAL CANIN® the cat and dog are at the heart of what we do. We never compromise on animal welfare and we expect the same as a minimum from all our partners.
The scope of this charter is to outline the guidelines for our decisions around the support and resources we offer our
PRO Club partners, and where and when we engage with our PRO Club customers.
OUT OF SCOPE
Our food sales to these customers. We believe that every cat and dog deserves the best nutrition.
Before we ask a PRO Club customer to recommend our products to their new puppy/kitten owners, they must meet all of the following criteria:
1. The Five Freedoms must be followed in all aspects of husbandry and breeding practices
I. Freedom from Hunger and Thirst – by ready access to fresh water and a diet to maintain full health and vigour.
II. Freedom from Discomfort – by providing an appropriate environment including shelter and a comfortable resting area.
III. Freedom from Pain, Injury or Disease – by prevention or rapid diagnosis and treatment.
IV. Freedom to Express Normal Behaviour – by providing sufficient space, proper facilities and company of the animal’s own kind.
V. Freedom from Fear and Distress – by ensuring conditions and treatment which avoid mental suffering.
2. Litters must be reared on appropriate ROYAL CANIN® products.
3. Breeders must adhere to Local Authority regulations for licensing, where applicable (ability to see licence and the conditions).
4. Not be a dealer, or buy from or sell to dealer (A dealer is defined as someone who buys and sells kittens/puppies/ cats/dogs).
5. Puppies and kittens must undergo a veterinary examination at least once before rehoming and records of veterinary care must be maintained and seen.
6. All puppies and kittens are sold from the premises.
7. The mother must be available to be seen with the litter.
8. Clear socialisation plans must be in place and available to review, to ensure puppies and kittens are well-adapted to life in their new home, and followed for all animals.